High School Abroad in Germany: Overview
Did you know around 3pm it’s traditional for Germans to relax and enjoy cake and coffee? Just one of the many things you’ll learn about the German culture during your high school study abroad journey. Like to cook? Or maybe you prefer simply eating what someone else has prepared. Either way you’ll have to try the Spatzle, smothered in cheese, Currywurst or one of the most famous German cakes, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cake).
Germany, situated in the heart of Europe, is a country of diverse landscapes, enchanting villages and modern cities. In the south, right outside Munich, you can find the Neuschwanstein Castle, the one Disney modeled for Sleeping Beauty. Head to Berlin, the countries capital, and explore the history of the Berlin “wall” while learning how life differed between East and West zones.
· All students participate in a pre-departure orientation with Pan Atlantic staff
· Host family accommodation – become part of a German family!
· Students must be 14-17 years old upon arrival to program
· Program start dates available in spring or fall
· You can choose between 2-months, trimester, semester or academic year