High School Abroad in Mexico: Overview
By attending a local high school and living with a host family, you’ll get to experience Mexican life from the inside. Immerse yourself in Spanish, develop a greater understanding of local customs and meet new friends from this beautiful country.
Merida, the capital of Yucatan, is a cultural hub with multiple museums, art galleries, theaters and stores. It is known as the White City for the beauty of its streets, Victorian style houses and wonderful people. The center is known as being one of Mexico’s most historic and cultural cities. Music and dancing play an important role in the day-to-day life of its residents and live performances can be seen frequently in the square and other venues around town.
Just a few hours away is one of the Seven New World Wonders, Chichen Itza, a majestic Mayan archeological site surrounded by history. Imagine standing at what was once one of the largest Mayan cities in the region, and of great importance from 600 AD to 1200 AD!
· All students participate in a pre-departure orientation with Pan Atlantic staff
· Host family accommodation- become part of an Mexican family!
· Students must be 15-18 years old upon arrival to program
· Study at a public or private highs school for a trimester, semester or full
· 3 day orientation held in Cancun for students arriving on set dates