High School Abroad in Australia: Overview
Immerse yourself in the Aussie way of life during your high school study abroad exchange with Pan Atlantic Foundation. Live with a host family, participate in sport or other activities and make new friends during your semester or year abroad.
Australia is an extraordinarily beautiful place with mountains, rainforests, incredible coastlines and amazing wildlife like nowhere else in the world. Kangaroos and platypus, wombats and wallabies, dingoes and many more. There are also phenomenal cities to explore- Sydney with its iconic opera house, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth on the west coast and Canberra, the capital.
Imagine yourself exploring one of the more than 10,000 beaches for surfing or volleyball. Maybe you have always been curious about Vegemite? While immersing yourself in the Aussie way of life, you may have an opportunity to try it, along with the original version of a Tim Tam cookie. Experience life in the land down under for a semester or academic year and learn why more than 24 million people love the place they call home.
· All students participate in a pre-departure orientation with Pan Atlantic staff
· Host family accommodation – become part of an Australian family!
· Students must be 15-18 years old upon arrival to program
· No language requirement
· Program start dates available in spring or fall
· Study for a semester or academic year